What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to the browser that you use when you visit a site. The entity that places cookies on your browser can then read the information on that cookie that it set. Cookies are typically classified as either “session cookies” which do not stay on your device after you close your browser or “persistent cookies” which will usually remain on your device until you delete them or they expire. Different cookies are used to perform different functions:
- Essential Cookies: Some cookies are essential and enable you to move around the SmartSuite Services and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the SmartSuite Services. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make on our websites (such as your preferred language or the region you are in).
- Analytics Cookies: We use our own cookies and/or third-party cookies and other identifiers (such as web beacons) to see how you use our SmartSuite Services in order to enhance their performance and develop them according to the preferences of our customers and visitors. For example, cookies and web beacons may be used to: maintain a consistent look and feel across our SmartSuite Services; track and provide trend analysis on how our users interact with our SmartSuite Services; track errors and measure the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our SmartSuite Services, your opening and review of our emails, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a website. We or our service providers may use this information to make advertisements more relevant to you.
Third Party Cookies
- DoubleClick: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Google AdWords: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549116?hl=en
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Google Tag Manager: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/faq/
- Google+: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
We may also use electronic images known as web beacons on our SmartSuite Services - sometimes called “clear GIFs”, “single-pixel GIFs”, or “web bugs”. Web beacons are used to deliver cookies on our SmartSuite Services, count clicks/users/visitors, and deliver co-branded content or services. We may include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Our SmartSuite Services may also contain web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other website operations. These web beacons may allow the third parties to set or read cookies on your device.
There are a number of ways you can manage what cookies are set on your devices. Essential cookies, however, cannot be disabled. If you do not allow certain cookies to be installed, the SmartSuite Services may not be accessible to you and/or the performance, features, or SmartSuite Services may be compromised.
If you would like to disable advertising cookies, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com. If you choose to turn off these cookies you will still see advertising on the internet but it may not be tailored to your interests. It does not mean that you won’t be served any advertisements while online. You can also manage this type of cookie in the privacy settings on the web browser you are using. Please see below for more information.
You can disable and/or delete most types of cookies by using your browser settings. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our or others’ services. The following links provide information on how to modify the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
If you wish to opt out of our ability to track you across devices, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Do Not Track Signals
There is no uniform or consistent standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. At this time the SmartSuite Services do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track signals, see All About Do Not Track.