Your privacy is extremely important to us. To better protect you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
1. Information We Collect
You will be required to establish an account in order to take advantage of certain features of the SmartSuite Service. If you wish to establish an account, you will be required to provide us with information (including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information). In addition, we may obtain your personally identifiable information from you, if you identify yourself to us by sending us an email with questions or comments.
Depending on your use of the SmartSuite Service, we collect two types of information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Examples of personally identifiable information include your name, IP address, company name, job title, address, email address, telephone number, and billing and credit card information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-personally identifiable information is information, any single item of which, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, including demographic information (such as age, profession, company industry, gender, current location, or zip code), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and statistical data involving the use of the SmartSuite Service. Certain non-personally identifiable information may be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered non-personally identifiable information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-personally identifiable information (for example, your account preferences).
2. Your Consent To Data Collection
We do not sell any data, including your personal data. We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the SmartSuite Service. If you registered with us, you will have been asked to check a box indicating your agreement to provide this data in order to access the SmartSuite Service. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this policy, please do not use our platform.
3. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information about you when you use our SmartSuite Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the SmartSuite Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our SmartSuite Services. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the SmartSuite Services; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the SmartSuite Services. We also collect information about the teams and people you work with and how you interact with them, like who you collaborate and communicate with most frequently.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the SmartSuite Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our SmartSuite Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better SmartSuite Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the SmartSuite Services.
- Publicly Accessible Blogs and Community Forums: Our SmartSuite Service offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. If you elect to post something in a public area of our SmartSuite Service, any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- Log Files: We collect non-personally identifiable information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the SmartSuite Service. This information may be used to analyze trends, to administer the SmartSuite Service, to monitor the use of the SmartSuite Service, and to gather general demographic information. We may link this information to personally identifiable information for these and other purposes, such as personalizing your experience on the SmartSuite Service, and evaluating the SmartSuite Service in general.
4. Information We Receive From Other Sources
We receive information about you from other SmartSuite Service users, from third party services, and from our business partners.
- Other Users of the Services: Other users of our SmartSuite Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the SmartSuite Service. For example, you may be mentioned by someone else within a record, or a team member may upload content about you to the SmartSuite Service. We also receive your email address from other SmartSuite Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the SmartSuite Services.
- Other Partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the SmartSuite Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our SmartSuite Service and online advertisements.
- Application Integration: To facilitate the exchange of data between third-party SaaS applications via the SmartSuite API, we may need to store certain information (“App Credentials”) that helps us access these third-party SaaS application accounts on your behalf. We store your App Credentials in an encrypted form. When we access these third-party applications on your behalf, the third-party application provides us with access to certain data. We will use, store, and disclose this data in accordance with this Policy. You should note that SmartSuite shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third-party applications for which you provide us with App Credentials.
5. Your Data Protection Rights
- The right to access: You have the right to access the data we hold about you at any time by exporting your Team’s data (if you are an account administrator).
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. You additionally have the right to request that we complete information you believe to be incomplete.
- The right to data portability: Your data is portable – i.e. you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- The right to erasure: In certain situations, for example when the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request SmartSuite restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to SmartSuite’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to Opt-out: You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling;(iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; or (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose. Please note that your use of some or all of the SmartSuite Service may be ineffective upon opt-out.
You may contact us at email@example.com any time to exercise any of these rights, or for any other questions you may have about your personal data and our use of such personal data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
6. Transfer, Storage and Processing of Data
Your data, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using the SmartSuite Service, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Your accounts solution data will never be transferred to third parties. The only data we share with third parties is for analytics, error tracking, and marketing.
7. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required for you to use the SmartSuite Service unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
8. Children’s Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The SmartSuite Service is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 16. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 16.
9. How We Use Your Information
In general, we use the information collected to provide you with a great overall experience using the SmartSuite Service, to help us understand who uses the SmartSuite Service, for internal operations such as operating and improving the SmartSuite Service, to contact you for customer service and billing purposes, and to facilitate the delivery of our advertising in some cases. We use your information to send you a welcome email after you create an account, when you are invited to the SmartSuite Service, or when you sign up for a demo, webinar or to receive our newsletter. We also use your information to send other email communications related to the SmartSuite website. We always give you the option to unsubscribe in any email we send to you. We may also use the information gathered to perform statistical analysis of user behavior or to evaluate and improve the SmartSuite Service. We may link some of this information to personally identifiable information for internal purposes or to improve your experience with the SmartSuite Service.
10. Disclose To Third Parties
- Laws and Legal Rights
We may disclose your information (including personally identifiable information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose personally identifiable information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service, to detect fraud, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the SmartSuite Service or the general public. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Outside Contractors
- Business Transactions
11. Links To Other Websites or Services
12. Protection Of Information
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personally identifiable information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
13. Transfer and Hosting
Personally identifiable information collected on the SmartSuite Service may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and the SmartSuite Service may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using the SmartSuite Service and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, if you are a User accessing the SmartSuite Service from a jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from those of the United States, please be advised that all aspects of the SmartSuite Service are governed by the internal laws of the United States and the State of California, USA, regardless of your location.
14. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
We have further committed to cooperate with EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints that are not resolved by other means set forth above.
15. California Privacy Rights
For detailed information about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, and the categories of sources of such information, please see the following section in this policy:
- “Your Consent to Data Collection” and
- “How we Collect Your Information”
We collect this information for business purposes set forth in the following section of this policy:
- “How we use Your Information”
We share this information with the categories of third parties as set forth in the following section of this policy:
- “Disclose to Third Parties”
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving a request, we will verify your request using the information associated with the SmartSuite Service, including your email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on the consumer’s behalf.
16. Your Choices
Do Not Track
The term "Do Not Track" refers to an HTTP header offered by certain web browsers to request that websites refrain from tracking the user. We take no action in response to Do Not Track requests.
17. Correcting and Updating Your Information
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information SmartSuite collects depend on your relationship with SmartSuite.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
If you are an end user and wish to update, delete, or receive any information we have about you, you may do so by contacting the organization of which you are a customer.
20. Contact Us
SmartSuite Holdings, Inc.
3857 Birch Street #945
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the SmartSuite Service or otherwise.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user-generated content to our SmartSuite Service, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such user generated content to our platform.