SmartSuite Trademark Guidelines
SmartSuite’s Trademark Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) have been created to help SmartSuite (“our”) partners, licensees, and other authorized third parties understand how to use our brand assets correctly, including our logos, trademarks, service marks, and any other word, name, phrase, image, or other designation that identifies the source or origin of any of our products or services (“SmartSuite Brand Assets”). You are permitted to use our Brand Assets only in accordance with these Guidelines. Any use of our Brand Assets contrary to the Guidelines is prohibited. SmartSuite reserves the right to revise or update these Guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.
The SmartSuite Brand Assets are valuable SmartSuite intellectual property. By using or making reference to any of our Brand Assets, you agree to comply with the Guidelines and the SmartSuite User Terms of Service. You also acknowledge that SmartSuite is the sole owner of the SmartSuite Brand Assets, agree not to challenge or interfere with SmartSuite’s rights in its Brand Assets, and agree that all goodwill derived from the use of the SmartSuite Brand Assets inures only to the benefit of SmartSuite. We may review the use of our Brand Assets at any time, and we reserve the right to terminate or modify any permissions granted by SmartSuite.
If you have a separate written agreement with SmartSuite that may include different or additional terms concerning the use of the SmartSuite Brand Assets, the specific guidelines in your agreement will control.
SmartSuite Brand Assets
For purposes of clarification, the SmartSuite Brand Assets include both registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks of SmartSuite, including the SmartSuite wordmark, the SmartSuite logo comprised of 3 shapes arranged in an ”S” format used in connection with the SmartSuite wordmark, and other SmartSuite slogans and taglines.
How To Use (And How Not To Use) SmartSuite Brand Assets
You may use the SmartSuite Brand Assets only in the most current form provided by SmartSuite.
- Do not use the SmartSuite Brand Assets as part of any of your own trademarks, logos, company names, icons, product or feature names, domain names, social media handles, or avatars.
- Do not modify the SmartSuite Brand Assets in any way, including by changing any colors or dimensions, obstructing or printing over any part of the asset, or adding your own design elements.
- Do not use any SmartSuite Brand Asset in a damaging or derogatory way, or in connection with any social media or website that violates any law or SmartSuite’s User Terms of Service.
- Do not register, purchase, or use any domain names that include the word “SmartSuite” (including any misspelling or transliteration of “SmartSuite”).
- Do not use the SmartSuite Brand Assets in a way that suggests or implies sponsorship or endorsement by SmartSuite, or any affiliation with SmartSuite, including but not limited to making the Asana Brand Assets larger or more prominently placed than your own house brand or trademark.
- When you are designing your own website and marketing materials, do not imitate the distinctive look and feel of any of SmartSuite’s website, apps, logos, trade dress, slogans, taglines, color scheme, icons, or marketing materials.
- Trademarks are adjectives; be careful when using any SmartSuite trademark in text. Refrain from using any SmartSuite trademark as a noun or verb, or in a plural or possessive form. For example, you can use the SmartSuite trademark as an adjective followed by the appropriate noun identifiying the relevant product or service (e.g., “the SmartSuite work management platform”).
- Do not apply for any trademark that includes the word “SmartSuite”. The word “SmartSuite” may not be part of your company name, product name, logo, second level domain name, or any social media handle.
- Do not use the SmartSuite trademark in connection with advertising (search engine or otherwise).
- Do not use the SmartSuite logo or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks on any merchandise, including any apparel, toys, or other swag.
- Do not use any taglines, slogans or phrases that are similar to any slogans used by SmartSuite.
If you have questions about these Guidelines or proper use of the Smartuite Brand Assets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.