What's New in Smartsuite - July Edition
What's New in SmartSuite - July Edition
This past month marks many product updates with customer needs and requests in mind to continue improving the customization and efficiency of working in SmartSuite. Read on to learn more.
Access to resources, customization, and easy navigation.
Our new and improved SmartSuite Home Page offers easy access to the resources you need to begin using our platform, customize your company's workspace, and become a power user.
You can now customize your company's workspace with the updated homepage's theme colors and customized logo features.
- Theme Color: Select a theme color for your workspace banner to match your company branding. Simply click the "Change Color" icon in the upper right corner of your workspace banner and select the color of your preference.
- Logo: Hover over the default logo and click the "Edit Logo" button to upload your customized logo. You'll be able to crop the image and select either a circular or rectangle shape to display it in.
- SmartSuite Guides help you start using SmartSuite faster and learn about all platform functions and features. Schedule a demo, view our how-to videos, or learn from comprehensive help articles in our help center. You can also view our 200+ Solution template gallery, contact support for any needs, and download SmartSuite’s Mobile App.
- Main Website: Easily navigate back to our main marketing website after being logged in automatically through the pop-up window when you sign in or the SmartSuite.com link in the resource sidebar.
- Webinars: Under the Resources tab, you can view and register for our upcoming webinars to learn more about the basics and specific SmartSuite use cases and features.
- Inviting New Members: You can now invite new members directly from the “My Workspace” section on the home page.
Perform bulk actions on records
In Grid View, you can select multiple records and perform an action on all of the selected records. This enables you to quickly pick out certain records in your data that you want to take action with, instead of working one by one with all of the data at once.
To perform a bulk action, simply check the box to the left of each record you wish to perform the action on. A panel will display at the bottom allowing you to print, export, or delete each selected record.
More about each of these actions:
- This action allows you to print the selected records, filtering out the unselected items. The print function is otherwise the same as printing all of the displayed records in the grid.
- The bulk export action allows you to select just the records you need, sending them to a downloadable PDF, Excel or CSV document - or alternatively saving them as a Google Sheet.
- The delete action lets you send the selected records to the recycle bin. They can still be restored just like individually deleted records if you need them back.
(Bulk updates are also now available!)
Add a new row in Grid View
Add a new row in just one click
The grid has been enhanced with the ability to add a new record without opening the edit record window.
Simply click the + beneath the last row of data in the grid and enter information as you would with a new row in a spreadsheet. You'll be entering data faster than ever!
Pro tip: If you change the title to “not required” you can add multiple empty rows.
Slack and Gmail Automations
Automate Slack messages and Gmail emails
You can now configure automations in SmartSuite to send messages in Slack and through your own Gmail account.
Simply add your Slack Account, grant SmartSuite permission to send messages to it, and pick the Slack channel or individual user you want to send the message to. You can customize the message to include any information from the triggering record and get important information to your team instantly.
Sending email through your Gmail account is just as easy. You authorize SmartSuite to access your Gmail account, specify the email addresses or SmartSuite Members you want to email, and customize the subject and body of the email message. Just like the Slack action you can incorporate field values into the content, or reference email fields to populate TO, CC and BCC values.
Set your default workspace
If you have multiple workspaces, you can select which workspace you would like to be directed to after logging in.
This is helpful if you spend the majority of your time in one workspace, eliminating the need to select it each time you log in. In the switch Workspace selector, a green dot indicates which workspace is your default.
You can change your default workspace at any time by clicking the dot next to the workspace you want to act as the default.
Connect, share, and engage with our community
The SmartSuite Community was created to help you interact with other SmartSuite users, ask and answer questions, learn more about the platform and product updates, and see how other customers are using SmartSuite.
Here are a few simple guidelines for maximizing your SmartSuite Community experience:
How to ask a question
- Locate the right Space for your post.
- Clearly state the SmartSuite feature/topic you're referencing.
- Clearly raise the question and/or confusion you are seeking support with.
- Tag your post with relevant tags
How to start a discussion
- Locate the right Space for your post.
- Clearly indicate the topic of discussion.
- Reference similar discussions and/or resources.
- Share your experience.
How to request new features
- Post in the SmartSuite Provide Feedback Space.
- Clearly describe the feature.
- Include a supporting business use case.
- Provide examples.
How to report bugs or security issues
- Please report bugs in Provide Feedback > Report A Bug.
Visit our SmartSuite Community
Keep an eye out for the August Edition - lots of exciting enhancements are coming soon!